What is the LOIC?
The Luxembourg Open Innovation Club was born out of the understanding that big companies and startups need each other. Startups need ways to accelerate validation, market adoption and growth. On the other hand, traditional companies need to multiply their bets on innovation by accessing new solutions, business models, etc.
In partnership with the actors of the local entrepreneurial ecosystem, we enable collaboration between startups from everywhere in the world and big groups based in Luxembourg.
1 theme / 10 startups / All LOIC members open to co-innovate
The LOIC selects innovative startups that will pitch during the event, followed by an inspiring keynote speaker.
Sponsored by Cargolux, the event will take place at the House of Startups (9 rue du Laboratoire, L-1911 Luxembourg) and all members are invited to join.
- 5.00 p.m.: Participants’ arrival and networking with startups
- 5.20 p.m.: Introduction speech by Bruno Wozniak (Cargolux)
- 5.30 p.m.: 1st Pitch session – 5 startups x 3’33
- 6.00 p.m.: Panel discussion with Emilia Tantar & Patrice Caire
- 6.30 p.m.: 2nd Pitch session – 5 startups x 3’33
- 7.00 p.m.: Cocktail and networking
- 8.30 p.m.: Event’s closing
Innovation dating description
“How to create business value with AI?”
Artificial Intelligence is rapidly transforming the future. It has infiltrated every industry from finance, human resources, telecommunication, and soon the workplace. How exactly will AI affect jobs of the future?
In an attempt to answer this problematic, the LOIC is scouting for startups offering technical solutions in the application of AI methodologies in telecommunication, finance, logistic, energy, IT, industry, insurance and construction.
Their solutions should demonstrate their utilities for helping corporates with one of these topics:
- Industrial robotics – manufacturing 4.0
- Predictive maintenance
- Data driven decision making
- Fraud detection
- Digitalization of business processes
- Evolution of Human Resources
- Maximization of customer experiences/services
Both young and mature startups from all over the world are welcome to apply.
Early stage startups should however already have a developed prototype/MVP of their solution. They should also be able to provide data on their market validation and have a strong team backing their project.
Startups are committed to pitch in front of LOIC members coming from a wide range of sectors (e.g. finance, insurance, industry, energy, services, etc) and various positions (CEO, HRO, CIO, CTO, CMO).
This Innovation Dating is an incredible opportunity for startups to present their solutions to the most innovative Luxembourgish key accounts.
After their pitches, a booth will be ready for each of them to directly explore business opportunities with Luxembourgish corporates.
Interested startups are encouraged to apply today, and no later than June 8th for a first evaluation of their application.
- June 8th: Last day to apply
- June 13th: Final selection – ONLY 10 STARTUPS WILL BE SELECTED
- June 28th: Innovating dating event